Skip to main content

Programs & Services

Housing Programs

CCSOMO is committed to help as many people as possible to find and sustain a home.


Jennifer faced eviction after surviving an auto accident, which left her unable to walk. A bout with COVID-19 worsened matters. CCSOMO's Housing Programs staff were able to help Jessica apply for rental and utilities assistance through Missouri's SAFHR for Renters program, which made all the difference. PHOTO: John Farmer de la Torre/CCSOMO


Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri (CCSOMO) provides services to persons experiencing homelessness and persons at-risk of homelessness through four programs.

  • Community Re-entry Housing Assistance
  • Homeless & Homelessness Prevention Services
  • Financial & HUD-certified Housing Counseling
  • Rent, Mortgage, and Utilities Assistance

Please note, CCSOMO is able to provide homeless services through rapid re-housing grants and other funding sources. 

A special note regarding eligibility for CCSOMO Housing Programs

Due to the varying eligibility requirements of CCSOMO's funding sources, which include federal grants, CCSOMO cannot guarantee assistance.

Anyone experiencing homelessness, or who is at-risk of homelessness, is encouraged to call CCSOMO to begin the process of determining their eligibility for assistance.


Community Re-entry Housing Assistance Program (CRP)

Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri (CCSOMO) is able to provide housing assistance to former offenders.

Program Description

This program can provide up to six months of housing assistance to enrollees.


This program is provides assistance to former offenders.

Application Process

Referrals must come from the prospective client's Probation & Parole officer along with a signed Release of Information document. A CCSOMO case manager will contact the potential client to complete an initial screening form to assess upcoming needs.


In Greene County, prospective clients should call CCSOMO at 417.268.9998, or email

In Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Stoddard, and Wayne counties, prospective clients should call CCSOMO at 573.335.0905, or email


A CCSOMO case manager surveys underneath a bridge for evidence of unsheltered people in need of assistance. PHOTO: John Farmer de la Torre/CCSOMO

Homeless and Homelessness Prevention Services

CCSOMO is able to provide various homeless and homelessness prevention services. Housing case management is available for individuals and households that become established clients.

CCSOMO defines homelessness and at-risk of homelessness according to standards set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

Literally homeless

Individual or family who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, meaning:

  • (i) Has a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not meant for human habitation;
  • (ii) Is living in a publicly or privately operated shelter designated to provide temporary living arrangements (including congregate shelters, transitional housing, and hotels and motels paid for by charitable organizations or by federal, state and local government programs); or
  • (iii) Is exiting an institution where (s)he has resided for 90 days or less and who resided in an emergency shelter or place not meant for human habitation immediately before entering that institution.

Imminent Risk of Homelessness

Individual or family who will imminently lose their primary nighttime residence, provided that:

  • (i) Residence will be lost within 14 days of the date of application for homeless assistance;
  • (ii) No subsequent residence has been identified; and
  • (iii) The individual or family lacks the resources or support networks needed to obtain other permanent housing 

Fleeing or attempting to flee Domestic Violence

Any individual or family who:

  • (i) Is fleeing, or is attempting to flee, domestic violence;
  • (ii) Has no other residence; and
  • (iii) Lacks the resources or support networks to obtain other permanent housing.


Any individual or household fitting the description of homelessness or at-risk of homelessness is encouraged to call a local CCSOMO office to begin the process of determining their eligibility for Homeless and Homelessness Prevention Services.


CCSOMO HUD-certified counselor Dee used her expertise to help this father save his family home only hours before it was auctioned. PHOTO: John Farmer de la Torre/CCSOMO

HUD-Certified Housing and Financial Counseling

CCSOMO offers HUD-certified Housing and Financial Counseling across its 39 county service area.

Program Description

Provides counseling to consumers seeking financing, maintaining, renting or owning a home. Address homelessness through counseling and homeowners in need of foreclosure assistance. Counseling is provided by HUD-Certified housing and financial counseling who are employed by HUD-approved housing counseling agency (HCA). 


 Eligibility requirements are dependent on which grant is being utilized for the service requested.


Call 417.278.9998 to learn more about this HUD-certified housing and financial counseling from CCSOMO.


Rent, Mortgage, and Utilities Assistance

Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri is able to provide rent, mortgage, and utilities assistance to eligible individuals or households.

A variety of funding sources are utilized to provide this assistance.

Program Description

Some programs offer only rent or mortgage assistance, while others only offer rent and utilities assistance. 


Each program has it's own eligibility requirements. Interested persons are encouraged to contact CCSOMO to begin the process of determining their eligibility.

Application Process

When potential clients call for the first time, a CCSOMO staff member will complete an initial screening form.

If that CCSOMO staff member requires a referral form from a Coordinated Entry agency, as is the case for Greene County residents who are served by One Door, they will refer the prospective client to that appropriate agency where a referral can be obtained.

If CCSOMO is able to provide services, or make referrals, it will assist as needed.


See office listing on this page to find the CCSOMO that services your county.


Contact your local CCSOMO office to begin the process of determining your eligibility for assistance. You may also write CCSOMO at

Call 573.335.0905
Serving Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Iron, and Madison counties.

Call 417.624.3790
Serving Barry, Barton, Barry, Barton, Cedar, Dade, Jasper, Lawrence, McDonald, and Newton counties.

Call 573.481.0659
Serving Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Scott, and Stoddard counties.

Call 417.268.9998
Serving Christian, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, LaClede, Ozark, Polk, Stone, Taney, Webster, and Wright counties.

Call 573.323.4044
Serving Butler, Carter, Dent, Howell, Oregon, Reynolds, Ripley, Shannon, Texas, and Wayne counties.